Health > Dental Health
- Brush the outside of the teeth, side to side moving across the teeth in circles. Clean gums too.
- Scrub the top of the teeth gently by moving the brush back and forth
- Clean the inside surface of the teeth in a circular motion.
- Clean the inside surfaces of your front teeth using up and down movements.
- Cut about 18 inches of floss and wrap it around your middle fingers.
- Slide floss between your teeth until it reaches the gum
- Move the floss up and down the tooth. Use clean floss as you go.
Home Remedy for Toothache & MouthPain
* To ease toothache or other mouth pain, make a tea by boiling 1 Tbls. fresh peppermint in 1 cup water and adding a little salt. Peppermint is an antiseptic and contains menthol, which relieves pain when applied to skin surfaces.
*Massage the gums with your fingers after brushing, as this increases the blood supply and hence nutrition to the gums.
*Don't forget to clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner; this is as important as cleaning your teeth.
*Rinse your mouth thoroughly after eating anything to reduce the accumulation of food residues in the mouth