Health > homeremedies >Sore Throat
A sore throat (also known as pharyngitis or tonsillitis) is a disease primarily located in throat around the tonsils.
1. Increase your liquid intake and make sure your house is humidified properly.
2. Gargle with warm salt water (¼ teaspoon salt to ½ cup water) several times a day. This remedy is svery good.
3. Drink a glass of hot water with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and some honey. You'll get quick relief and will feel better instantly. You can also drink a chamomile tea with lemon and honey added.
4. Cut a lemon into 2 pieces. Take one piece and put some salt and black pepper on it, press with a knife so that salt-pepper penetrate into the lime. Put the lemon on heat to make it warm. Slowly lick this lemon squeezing it until no juice remains. Do it 2-3 times a day.
5. Chives and scallions are helpful for a sore throat when simmered in water for 5 minutes. Drink as a tea.
6. Figs, beets are beneficial in sore throat.
7. Eat garlic. Garlic is an anti-septic and good for many conditions.
8. Take over-the-self pain relievers such as ibuprofen.
9. use commonsense hygeine.
When to Consult a Doctor?
You should consult your Doctor in the following conditions:
1. Severe and prolonged or frequently recurring sore throat.
2. Severe sore throat if it does not go in 7 days.
3. Difficulty breathing, swallowing, opening the mouth.
4. Fever over 101°F.
5. If there is puss in tonsillitis.
6. Blood in saliva.
8. Lump in neck.