Health > Home Remedies >Cholesterol
Home Remedies For Cholesterol
Cholesterol is a fatty substance; it is made by the body to make hormones and several other purposes. Cholesterol is found in different food especially: meat, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, chicken, and more. The cholesterol passes in the blood flow. When there is an excess amount of cholesterol it can cause a hardening and blockage of the arteries.
* Eat a lot of oatmeal every day.
* To reduce cholesterol levels: Boil 10 pieces of cinnamon sticks (2.5cm each) in 5 teacups of water. Add a tablespoon of honey and drink hot
* Eat honey to reduce cholesterol level
* Eat 1-2 apples daily.
* Herbal remedy for high cholesterol: blanch lemon grass and drink several times a day.
* Herbal remedy for cholesterol: Mix 1 tablespoon of Hilba (Yemenite herb) in water and drink every day.
* Drink pomelo juice to reduce cholesterol level.
* Home remedy for cholesterol with alcohol: Drink 1/2 glass of red wine every day before bed time.
* Eat one cup of walnuts everyday.
* Eat one garlic clove on empty stomach every morning.