Health > Home Remedies >Toothache
Home Remedies for Toothache
Toothache or tooth pain is caused when the nerve root of a tooth is irritated. Toothache can be caused by: Dental infection, injury, damaged guns, cracked tooth, decay, or loss of a tooth. The short, sharp pains usually occur in response to heat, cold or sweet stimulation.
* Home remedy for toothache: Dip a cotton wool or a q-tip with a bit of brandy/ arrack/ cognac, put on the aching tooth.
* Cook asparagus root in wine, cool put in the mouth for a few minutes and spit out, can also use asparagus juice with no wine.
* Dip q- tips in baking soda and apply on the tooth and around it.
* Drink tea or milk with honey.
* Wrap black pepper seeds in a thin fabric and put on the aching tooth.
* Natural treatment for toothache: Dip a q-tip in marjoram oil and put on the aching tooth.
* Melt 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and use as a mouth wash.
* Freeze marbles in the freezer and apply on the aching tooth.
* Freeze a teaspoon in the freezer and apply on the swollen spot.
* Apply ice on swelling.
* Chew date palm root, or blanch and drink to relief the pain.
* Chew fresh guava leaves to help with the toothache naturally.
* Put a garlic clove on the aching tooth.
* Take carnation nail, apply on the aching tooth and close your teeth.v
* Chew fresh oregano leaves.
* Boil some mint leaves to 1 cup of water, sprinkle some salt, gargle and drink.