Health >Home Remedies >Gas
Home Remedies for Gas
All people have gas; it is natural and resulted by swallowing air and normal breakdown of certain indigested food by harmless bacteria.
The frequent belching of the gas comes out by burping or passing it through the rectum. Most people pass gas about 14 times a day, the gas is made primarily of odorless vapor. The unpleasant odor of flatulence comes from bacteria in the large intestine that release small amounts of gases that contain sulfur.
The gas can sometimes be uncomfortable and inconvenient; it can come from bloating of the abdomen after eating and is a result of certain habits or diet choices.
How to Cure Gas with Natural Treatments
* Chew 1 teaspoon of celery seeds. Don't swallow!
* Mix 1/2-1 spoon of fennel seeds to 3 spoons of yogurt and eat.
* Blanch fennel seeds and drink (also good for breast feeding moms).
* Drink chamomile tea to calm the gas and pain
* Massage the stomach.
* Natural treatment for gas with cardamom: Add 1 teaspoon of grinded fresh cardamom seeds to 1 cup of boiling water. Wait 10 minutes and drink. Repeat 3 times daily before meal.
* Home remedy for gas with cayenne: Mix one teaspoon of cayenne to 1 cup of boiling water. Take one teaspoon from the mixture and mix with a cup of water; drink when needed.
* Boil one cup of water, with 2-3 carnation sprouts, cook for 5 minutes and drink 3 times a day. Can add cinnamon stick.
* Blanch dill leaves and drink.
* Drink anise liqueur to help with the gas problem.
* Blanch parsley and drink several times a day (also good for babies).
* Drink/ chew kummel.
* Cook potatoes in water, then drink the liquid.
* Herbal remedy for gas: Drink peppermint tea.
* Eat yogurt and sour cream.
* Eat a lot of peppers.
* Blanch half a teaspoon of ginger with half a teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup of boiling water; add honey, wait 3 minutes and drink.
* 1-1.5 spoons of caraway melted in water or with food. 4-6 times a day if it's a bad case (Don't eat if you have constipation).