Health > Home Remedies >Food Poisoning
If you observe some safety rules related to foods, kitchen and kitchen appliances, food poisoning will never occur. Most food poisioning effects on body clears up in a few days on its own as their duration is not for very long period. In the case of continued illness seek medical advice. Children, elders, pregnant women and the persons who use antacids heavily are at more risk of getting food poisioning.
The following food poisoniong treatment or remedies are simple to follow and you can get quick relief.
1. Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in a cup of hot water before a meal to prevent acid indigestion.
2. Add three drops of garlic oil to half a cup of soya oil and rub onto the stomach after food.
3. Drink a herbal tea of mint, raspberry, camomile and blackberry.
4. Drink ¼ cup of charcoal powder mixed with a glass of water.
5. Drink one cup of ginger tea after meals to promote a good digestion and for hearetburn, nausea, etc.
6. Eat some bread, says Julian Whitaker, M.D., president of the Whitaker Wellness Center in Newport Beach, California. Bread has a tendency to soak up the poison and can give you a quick relief.
7. Drink 2 tablespoons of undiluted apple cider vinegar (pasteurized).
8. Time is generally the best remedy. If you feel indigestion, or get sour burp, and/or loose motions, or for general stomach upsets, you can do the following:
Drink mint essense (available as Pudin Hara or Amritdhara in India. These are mint or peppermint essense.), 3-4 drops in water, every one hour. Also drink Jaljeera (a mixture of cumin, salt, asafetida and other herbs) 2-3 times. Let the poison get out of your body through vomitting or motions. First you will throw poisonous foods and then water (Drink lots of water with sugar and salt). You should be alright in less than 24 hours. Start this treatment as soon as you start getting sour burps. You may drink mint essense (3-4 drops in water) after you eat in a restaurant or party or you have overeaten.
9. In most cases, the effective treatment is to lie down and drink plenty of bland fluids such as water, diluted fruit juice or light tea.