Health > Home Remedies >Cough
A cough is a forceful release of air from the lungs that can be heard. Coughing protects the respiratory system by clearing it of irritants and secretions
It is important to identify and treat the underlying disease and origin of the cough. Avoid smoking and coming in direct contact with people experiencing cold or flu symptoms. Wash hands frequently during episodes of upper-respiratory illnesses. Besides medication, you can also try the following remedies.
1. Have a mix of equal amounts of limejuice and honey.
2. Mix a teaspoonful of honey with a few drops of brandy. Drink it once or twice a day.
3. Add a few drops of ginger juice to a teaspoon of honey. It is also very useful.
4. A cup of grape juice mixed with a teaspoon of honey is often helpful.
5. A syrup of one teaspoonful raw onion juice with one teaspoonful of honey kept over 3-4 hours serves as an excellent cough syrup.
6. Soak almonds overnight and remove their skin. A paste of these almonds with little butter and sugar is very useful for dry cough.