Health > Home Remedies >Body Odor
Most people think that body gives odor due to sweat. But this is not true as weat does not possess any smell. It is the growth of bacteria in the presence of sweat that gives the unpleasant smell. All people have different body odour. The trength of odor depends on gender, personal hygiene, health, diet, eating habits, some illness and medication.
The body odor developes at underarms, feet, anus, vegina, pubic hair, groin and skin.
1. Avoid Some foods such as refined sugar, white flour, red meat, hydrogenated oils (vanaspati), too much garlic, pickles and processed foods. Eat foods with fiber. Eat mint.
2. Dilute some vinegar in water. Soak a clothe in it and apply on underarms.
3. Baking soda is a good deodorant. Take some baking soda in your palm and add some water to make a paste. Rub it on dry armpits after every bath.
4. Rub a lime under arms in the morning. It will keep you odorless throughout the day. You can also use lemon for private parts, and in between thighs.
5. Rub a slice of potato under each arm a few times and let it to dry.
6. Apply some ginger juice under each arm.
7. Wipe the underarms with hydrogen peroxide and then apply talcum powder. Mix 1 teaspoon in a glass of water and wash the armpits. You can increase the amount of hydrogen peroxide if the odor persists.
8. Extract some turnip juice and rub gently on the affected areas (dry) after shower.
9. Keep some cotton pads soaked in rubbing alcohol. Wipe your underarms 3-4 times a day with these pads to kill the bacteria.
10. Add a few drops of tea tree oil in coconut oil or any other oil and rub on armspits to kill the bacteria. This will also improve odor.
11. Every night, apply peanut butter on your under arms before going to bed.
12. Soak yourself for 15 minutes in bath water with couple of cups of tomato juice or turnip juice in it.
13. Add some powdered sage into boiling water and drink slowly to reduce perspiration.
14. Take two 50mg tablets twice a day for a week. This will relieve you from odor.
15. Drink 1 can of tomato juice per day for 1 week. The next week reduce to 1 can every 2 days. Your body odor should go.
16. Remedy for Foot Odor
* Soak your feet in warm water with few drops of apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day
* Sprinkle baking soda in the shoes and socks.
* Reddish is a good remedy to avoid foot odor. Make a juice of radishes and add ¼ tspn glycerin. Use it as a spray on the foot.