Health > Home Remedies >Acidity
Home Remedies for Acidity
In acidity, there is a movement of gastric juices from the stomach into the lower esophagus (food pipe). This condition mainly arises when acidic contents in stomach (hydrochloric acid) move upward into the esophagus and making it dysfunctional.
In other words, acidity can also be defined as a condition in which there is an excess secretion of acid within the stomach. It is also commonly known as hyperacidity or acid dyspepsia.
*Take equal portions of ginger and coriander to get relief from acidity
* Drink 1-2 glasses of water early morning to keep yourself healthy and free from acidity
* Squeeze the juice of a whole orange and mix it with roasted cumin seeds. Add some rock salt as per your taste. This will give you an immediate relief from acidity. This is an effective home remedy for acidity.
* Taking 2 tablespoonfuls of Isabgol in milk after every meal is also very beneficial in eliminating acidity
* You can also drink coconut oil to get relief from acidity
* Take 1 tablespoon of amla with 1 tablespoon of haritaki. It is an effective herbal remedy for acidity
* Keep haritaki in mouth after your regular meal to get relief from acidity
* You can also take jaggery (gur) on hourly basis to get relief from acidity
* 2 teaspoonful of powder of amla (Indian gooseberry) taken twice a day is also helpful in treating acidity